Maui is home to several championship golf courses boasting outstanding views of the Pacific and the mid-Hawaiian Islands. Several are right here in South Maui within a few miles of our Kihei condos for rent.
We are including a list below of courses nearby as well as some you won’t want to miss if you are a golf enthusiast.
For 3rd party reviews of the golf courses available, you can check out Frommer’s Guide to Golf on Maui.
And, for more information on how and when to play the courses, read tips from a 30-year resident and teaching pro as published on the Maui Pro Shop website.
Golfing near Kihei condos for rent
- Wailea Resort*: Three resort courses – The Blue Emerald and Gold. Golf Digest voted the Emerald Course “most friendly for ladies.” The Gold is the most demanding. 128 white sand bunkers protect the lush fairways and fast greens. Located in Wailea 4 miles South of Maui Vista. Expensive.
- Makena Golf Course*: 36 holes designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Ranked in the Top 10 Hawaiian Golf Courses by Golf Digest. Stunning ocean and mountain views including the Molokini inlet. 14th hole features a 200-foot drop between tee and green. Located in Makena 6 miles South of condos. Expensive.
- Elleair: Fun family course with great twilight rates. Sweeping views of Haleakala’s distant slopes as they give way to La Perouse Bay. Located here in Kihei within 2 miles of condo. Moderate Pricing.
- Kahili Golf Course: Maui’s best value. This 6570 yard, Par 72 was constructed in 1991 and designed by Robin Nelson and Rodney Wright. At the foothills of the West Maui Mountains with spectacular bi-coastal views. Located in Wailuku which is 10 miles North. Moderate Pricing.
- Kaanapali: Two challenging courses. North Course is a Robert Trent Jones, Sr. design while the South Course is an Arthur Jack Snyder design. Hosted PGA Senior Tournament for 10 years. The Sugar Cane Train crosses the tressle at the tee of the 7th hole. Located in Lahaina which is 30 miles NorthWest. Expensive.
Two other Must-Plays
- The Challenge at Manele* (Lanai): Rated in the top 100 courses in the world. Jack Nicklaus signature course has an awesome location on the cliffs at Manele Bay. Every hole has sweeping ocean views. Requires round trip ferry to Lanai departing from Lahaina Harbor (30 miles NW). Expensive.
- The Dunes at Maui Lani*: Voted one of the best new courses in America. Natural sand dunes and large lakes. Boasts one of Maui’s toughest finishing holes with 15-25 mph tradewinds. Located in Kahului 15 miles North of Maui Vista. Moderate Pricing.
*Indicates must-plays for avid golfers