Maui has so many dining pleasures: lau lau, huli huli chicken, lomi lomi salmon, and poke to name a few.
The cuisine in Maui is a fusion of American, Chinese, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Polynesian and Portuguese.
We are including a list of restaurants nearby our Maui condos below as well as some well worth the trip for the foodie in you.
Restaurants near Maui Vista
The Dolphin Center and Rainbow Mall are two shopping and dining centers next to our condominium complex in Maui Vista. Take a short walk and enjoy: deli & sub sandwiches, tacos, sushi, pizza, shaved ice, espresso, Thai and African food, video rentals, convenience & souvenir shopping.
Further north on Kihei Road (1.8 miles) you will find Azeka Place – Kihei’s largest shopping center with over 50 shops and restaurants including Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese cuisine… and some of the best bbq ribs in town.
Kihei Kalama Village is one of our favorite destinations (2.4 miles north of complex). It is an open market with over 40 vendors featuring their unique crafts. You are sure to find the perfect gift or souvenir here at Kalama Village. There are 14 great places to eat ranging from Fish & Chips, Irish Pub fare, Steakhouses, Seafood Grills, Coffee Shops to Tiki Lounges.
Kihei Area Restaurants include:
- Maui Tacos: Enjoy the Mexican surf grill with an awesome salsa bar. No matter what, you need to try a fish taco somewhere while on Maui. Located in the Kamaole Beach Center (2411 S. Kihei Road, Kihei, HI p. 808.879.5005) within 2 blocks of condo. Inexpensive. Take-out or dine-in.
- Da Kitchen: Try a traditional “plate lunch”, funn noodles. They also serve breakfast. Located in Rainbow Mall (2439 South Kihei Road, Kihei, HI p. 808.875.7782) within 2 blocks of condo. Inexpensive. Take-out or dine-in.
- Full list of Restaurants in Kihei: See this complete list for everything from diners to cafes, grills and international food.
Two other Must-Dines for the Foodie
- Spago: Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant is oceanfront and the menu features local fish with Hawaiian flare. Located at the Four Seasons Resort (3900 Wailea Alanui, Maui, HI p. 808-879-2999) in Wailea which is 5-10 minutes south of our condos. Expensive. Reservations required.
- Mama’s Fish House: Maui’s first fresh fish restaurant established in 1973. A beautiful restaurant on the sea. The menu changes daily, but the coconut soup, opah, ono and mahimahi are always available and delicious! Located on the North Shore (799 Poho Place, Kuau, HI p. 808-579-8488) and definately worth the trip! Expensive. Reservations required.