The islands that make up Maui County offer excellent dive locations. The area around our South Maui condo rentals is well known as having over 15 incredible dive sites.
For scuba diving lessons and excursions, we recommend visiting The Maui Dive Shop located down the street at 2463 S Kihei Road (phone: 808-879-1533). They rent all of the equipment you will need including regulator, wet suit, mask, snorkel, fins, air tank. They offer daily excursions, introductory dives and dive courses.
If you wish to explore other areas of Maui, visit the Maui Information Guide website for a nice overview on scuba diving excursions in West Maui, Molokini Crater, Lanai and Molokai.
Scuba Diving near Maui Vista
- Hellcat: Right off the coast of Kihei there is a World War II F-6-F Hellcat 32 feet underwater.
- Mokapu Beach: Great introductory dive with mellow waters and gradual incline.
- Five Caves: Shore or boat dive with lava ridges, sea pinnacles and swim-through caves.
- Tank and Landing Craft: Two amphibious tractors rest 60 feet underwater acting as a refuge for many sea creatures.
- Red Hill: Red lava rock cinder cone inhabited by green sea turtles, zebra eels, and angler fish.
- Split Reef: Finger of lava flow which split while cooling now an untouched reef in its natural state.
- Waste Lands: At depths up to 110 feet, you’ll see schools of snapper, goat fish, surgeon and large antler coral heads.
- Pinnacle Point: Diverse lava formations with arches, canyons, and valleys.
See more South Maui Diving Locations