The marine life and snorkeling sites are plentiful in Kihei and South Maui. We are including a list of some great snorkeling sites within a few miles of our Kihei Maui Vacation Rentals.
If you wish to explore other areas of Maui, visit the Maui Information Guide website for a nice overview on snorkeling sites in West Maui, Molokini and Turtle Town.
For snorkeling and scuba diving excursions, we recommend The Pride of Maui. They will take you out to Molokini or Turtle Town in a glass-bottomed catamaran to explore the underwater sanctuary.
The Pacific Whale Foundation is another great choice for snorkel cruises to Molokini or Lana’i. Both organizations depart from Maalaea Harbor which is 10 miles North of our condos in Kihei.
If you would like to rent your snorkel gear, we recommend visiting Snorkel Bob’s located down the street at 2411 S Kihei Road (phone: 808-879-7449). They rent quality masks, fins and snorkels for both adults and children.
Snorkeling near our Kihei Maui Vacation Rentals
- Kamaole Beach: At the beach across the street from Maui Vista there are rocky points covered with coral. Snorkeling at either end of Kamaole is safe and you will most likely spot a few sea turtles in the area.
- Polo Beach: By the Kea Lani Hotel in Wailea. A nice sand beach, coral formations and plenty of fish. Within 4 miles of Maui Vista.
- Makena Landing: (aka Five Caves) Great snorkel and scuba spot just south of Wailea. Abundant marine life and caves. For intermediate or advanced snorkelers due to the swimming distance. Located 6 miles South of condos.
- Ahihi Keanau Reserve: A protected reserve where fish abound and the coral is brilliantly colorful. Ahihi bay is a nice place for beginners. Head further out of the bay for some of the best snorkeling on the island. Located 9 miles South of Maui Vista condos.
- La Perouse: Great snorkeling on calm days. Arrive early for a chance to swim with a pod of dolphins that frequent the area. Located 10 miles South of condo.